The following publications can be ordered from the Oracle Historical Society. For more details, please call (520) 896-9609 or email email@example.com
* The Oracle Historian (volumes 1-10) gives an in-depth look into the people and histories that surround the town of Oracle. Learn more about the pioneer men and women who first settled in the area and the many notable figures who made their lives here.
* Oracle and the San Pedro River Valley by Catherine Ellis shows Oracle and the surrounding region’s history through its archival photographs.
* Annie’s Guests: Tales from a Frontier Hotel by Barbara Marriott. Oracle’s Mountain View Hotel attracted well-to-do easterners, writers, foreign dignitaries, prospectors, celebrities and a few dubious characters too. Learn about the couple that made it possible in this popular historical fiction.
* African American Women of the Old West, written by Tricia Martineau-Wagner, contains a full chapter devoted to the life of Annie Box Neal, beloved proprietress of the Mountain View Hotel.
* Canyon of Gold by Barbara Marriott pays tribute to the pioneers of Arizona’s Santa Catalina Mountains.
* City of Gold by Barbara Marriott is a pictorial history of the cattle ranch days (and before) that preceded nearby Oro Valley’s founding in 1974.
Online History Resources
* Oracle: Community Guide
* Oracle: Description and History
* On Edward Abbey
* Adventures in Preservation
* African American History in the West
* Apaches Tell Their Story (of the Camp Grant Massacre)
* Arizona Historical Society
* Arizona Humanities Council
* Arizona State Historic Preservation Office
* Arizona Timeline
* Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records
* Eulalia ‘Sister’ Bourne: Little Cowpuncher Series
* Buffalo Bill Cody and the High Jinks Ranch
* Camp Grant Massacre (Wikipedia)
* Camp Grant Massacre (original 1871 NY Times article)
* On Alice Hubbard Carpenter
* Center for Desert Archaeology
* Denver Public Library: Western History & Genealogy
* Kannally Ranch: Brief History
* National Register of Historic Places
* On Annie Box Neal
* On William ‘Curly’ Neal
* Oro Valley Historical Society
* Pinal County Historical Society
* Preservation Directory.com
* San Manuel Mine (map and brief outline)
* San Manuel Historical Society
* San Pedro River Valley
* On the Sobaipuri
* On Harold Bell Wright
* Andy Warhol’s Lonesome Cowboys
* Elizabeth Lambert Wood